menu   Home My Shops About Me  

Sunday, January 18, 2015

Hibernating Hedgehog Craft

Hibernations is one of my favorite units to teach to my students. The students love learning about all the different hibernating animals. One of my favorite activities is making hibernating hedgehogs.

The students made these awesome hedgehogs out of clay and sticks. They formed balls of clay and placed sticks to represent the hedgehog quills. The clay was made by a parent for volunteering hours following these instructions and the sticks were collected by a parent as well. The poem is from my Hibernations Centers

After we made the hedgehogs, we let them sit out for two days to completely dry. The students then painted their hedgehogs and glued in their eyes. The students LOVED making their hedgehogs!


Here is what the hedgehogs look like when they are finished, well almost finished. This is my hedgehog missing an eye!

1 comment: