menu   Home My Shops About Me  

Friday, April 5, 2013

Habitat Animal Sort



In a few weeks we will be working on a farm unit in my kindergarten class. I am in the process of creating centers and worksheets and I have completed my first center.

In this center the students will sort the animal cards by where the animal lives. We will be focusing on animals and habitats later in the year and this center will help the student’s transition between the two themes.

In the pack:
7 different habitat cards
~tundra
~forest
~freshwater
~desert
~African plains
~ocean
~on the farm

Print, cut, and laminate the cards. Have students pull a card from the deck and place it under the correct setting. Each habitat card has 6 different animals for 42 cards total. 


The Common Core has yet to publish Science standards for  the elementary grades. I am using the tags from the Standard Aligned Systems (SAS) from Pennsylvania. They have adopted their standards from the common core. 
 
SAS tags:
  • 3.1.K.A5
  • 4.1.K.A:
Common Core "I Can Statements"
  •  I can sort and classify animals by their habitats.
  •     I can match animals by their homes.




4 comments:

  1. These are super cute, Marlie! Word on the street (i.e. from our Assistant Superintendent) is that the Next Generation Science Standards will be out by the end of April! :)

    Catherine
    The Brown-Bag Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's great! I'm very glad to hear that.

    ~ Marlie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Marlie! I love your animal habitat cards!! Just found your blog - I'm your newest follower!

    ✿Sue✿
    Science for Kids Blog

    ReplyDelete